From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 15 October 2021 03:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA error checking for update

The issue is because our security provider updated their certificate, but it doesn't automatically propagate to everyone.  The number of messages I've seen about it leads me to think that actually most users DO have the updated Windows certificates, but for whatever reason, not everyone does, and it is not one set of users - eg it's not related to a specific version of Windows.

Another fix for this is an add-on which was made by Mazen428 on GitHub: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/files/7269883/NvdaCertPatch.zip  It does show an error message, but it fixes the problem and automatically uninstalls itself.

We've put in a fix in alpha builds which will be in NVDA 2021.3 and later to endeavour to stop this from happening again in the future, but users affected now will need to implement one of the fixes now as well.

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 1:11 PM David Mehler <dave.mehler@...> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,  that did it. Punched in that line of python code and ran
update check worked just fine got the latest updates.

One thing how I missed it, the message led me to believe it occurred
only to new windows 10 installs that had not connected to the
internet, this in my case was not the case. But it is working now.
Thanks.
Dave.

--

Quentin Christensen