Re: nvda crashing with acapela voices

Quentin Christensen

Oh and re posting logs, definitely do be careful, as Brian said.  For capturing logs, I would recommend:

1. set your log level to debug
2. Restart NVDA (ideally with add-ons disabled, although in this case it is specifically troubleshooting an issue with an add-on)
3. Do the bare minimum required to recreate the issue.
4. Capture the log

That should generally avoid inadvertently capturing sensitive information - and also keep the log as short as possible.  Could also add step 5 to set the log back to info or your chosen level.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 10:08 AM Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
I learned I have to be careful what I do when logging information because logs can contain passwords to websites and other passwords. I had to delete the github or edit it rather because the debug NVDA log had a password in it.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager