Re: NVDA and OCR software

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 04:48 PM, Dave Grossoehme wrote:

 When I open the pdf, I was told that it didn't load completely.  So, I tried again.  Then I tried printing it and all I received was blank pages, checked by a sighted person.  . . . Yet I sent this email with attachment to my sighted son, who isn't running any screen reading equipment and he could open it with no problems.

Dave

-
Then we are back to there is something wrong that is virtually certain to be limited to your computer, and I'd say most likely with your PDF reading software.

So, just as there is the consistent advice to "try another browser," when there are issues with a webpage, the same applies to PDF readers:  try another alternative.  Under Windows 10 the Edge browser itself does a bang-up job of opening PDFs, so I'd try opening that same document in Edge rather than Adobe Reader DC to see if the result is different.  If it is, then uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader DC.  If it's not, then start doing the repair steps for Windows.