Re: New and apparent lag with NVDA in File Explorer, and an Introducion

Hi,

In a way, yes in that Windows App Essentials comes with support for features introduced in Insider Preview builds. For instance, the latest dev build of the add-on includes a fix to deal with IME (input method editor) screen in both Windows 11 Version 21H2 (build 22000) and Insider Preview build 22478 where NVDA may announce candidate items twice (caused by two different events coming from candidate items). Insider Preview is the reason why I am holding onto this add-on and its development despite plans to let go of my other add-ons to focus on other things in life; but I do foresee a future without Windows App Essentials add-on, but that is at least years away (I'm sure folks will contribute to the add-on despite me not taking an active role in NVDA Community anymore as I'm prioritizing earning a master's degree).

By the way, I need to clarify that the fix for File Explorer lag is actually being tested inside dev channel builds, not in 22000.28x as I initially thought (apologies).

Cheers,

Joseph