Re: New and apparent lag with NVDA in File Explorer, and an Introducion

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González

Thanks Joseph for the update. Based on your experience, can you think
of roughly when it might hit the stable version?

In a way, yes in that Windows App Essentials comes with support for features
introduced in Insider Preview builds. For instance, the latest dev build of
the add-on includes a fix to deal with IME (input method editor) screen in
both Windows 11 Version 21H2 (build 22000) and Insider Preview build 22478
where NVDA may announce candidate items twice (caused by two different
events coming from candidate items). Insider Preview is the reason why I am
holding onto this add-on and its development despite plans to let go of my
other add-ons to focus on other things in life; but I do foresee a future
without Windows App Essentials add-on, but that is at least years away (I'm
sure folks will contribute to the add-on despite me not taking an active
role in NVDA Community anymore as I'm prioritizing earning a master's
degree).

By the way, I need to clarify that the fix for File Explorer lag is actually
being tested inside dev channel builds, not in 22000.28x as I initially
thought (apologies).

Cheers,

Joseph