Re: NVDA menu

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

To chage nvda into object navigation mode use the following nvda key + 1 on the numeric keypad you should hear it spoken then depending which keyboard setup you are using is which command you use to go up  alevel.

The first command is for the desk top and the second is for a lap top to go up a level then you will need to review the text as given before on the numeric keypad.

7 previous line, 8 current line, 9 next line.

4 previous word, 5 current word and 6 next word.

1 pevous character, 2 current character and 3 next character this is done on the numeric keypad.

Gene nz

On 20/10/2021 10:02 am, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

The easiest way if it is on the about button is when you open it in my case I use object navigation.

It will read out the information and you can not interact with it so I do the following

I am using a desk top after it has read out the information I use object navigation in this case it is the nvda key+ number 8 on the numeric keypad. It takes me up a level to where the information is.

Then I can use the number 7 on the numeric keypad to take me up to the top line which is previous line to I get to top.

I can use the number 9 on the numeric key pad to read down a line

4 will do previous word and 6 next word.

1 is previous character and 3 is next character.

8 is current line, 5 is the word you are on and 2 is the character you are on.

Depending how you read it I might read the whole lot then do it word by word say for example.

You might have to look up the command to go up a level in object navigation if using a lap top.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 20/10/2021 9:42 am, Lexi wrote:
Hello everyone, when I go into the NVDA menu, and click on manage add-ons, and I go to about add-on, it reads all the information all at once. Does anyone know of a way to slow this down? Reading it by words, lines, and characters doesn't  work. I only need a little bit of information, and that's at the end of all of the information that it gives me.--
Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi