Re: NVDA menu

Lexi

Hi, even after switching my layout to desktop, those numpad commands  didn't work for me. They don't say anything. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 4:28 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi

No you do not have to listen to all of it first as long as when you open the about section it starts to read press the ctrl key.

Check which keyboard layout you are using press the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter K.

It will open the keyboard settings it should land on your keyboard layout.

 Mine speaks desktop so then you just close it

If you already know the keyboard layout miss the above step.

Make sure you are in object navigation mode first use the nvda key + number 1 on the numeric keypad to do this I am not sure what it is for the laptop version I would have to look it up I think it is the same.

So if you are hopefully still on the about button in my case I would use the nvda key + 8 on the numeric keypad to go up a level or the laptop command if in that layout.

.

Then I would use the number 7 on the numeric keypad to get me to the top of the document or in this case the about section.

The rest of the numbers used as mentioned before is how you read it the text review commands is for read only sections like this.

On 20/10/2021 10:12 am, Lexi wrote:
Thank you for the explanation. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I am using a laptop but I have a keyboard connected to it. Do I have to listen to all of the information play through before I can do it?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 4:02 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi

The easiest way if it is on the about button is when you open it in my case I use object navigation.

It will read out the information and you can not interact with it so I do the following

I am using a desk top after it has read out the information I use object navigation in this case it is the nvda key+ number 8 on the numeric keypad. It takes me up a level to where the information is.

Then I can use the number 7 on the numeric keypad to take me up to the top line which is previous line to I get to top.

I can use the number 9 on the numeric key pad to read down a line

4 will do previous word and 6 next word.

1 is previous character and 3 is next character.

8 is current line, 5 is the word you are on and 2 is the character you are on.

Depending how you read it I might read the whole lot then do it word by word say for example.

You might have to look up the command to go up a level in object navigation if using a lap top.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 20/10/2021 9:42 am, Lexi wrote:
Hello everyone, when I go into the NVDA menu, and click on manage add-ons, and I go to about add-on, it reads all the information all at once. Does anyone know of a way to slow this down? Reading it by words, lines, and characters doesn't  work. I only need a little bit of information, and that's at the end of all of the information that it gives me.--
Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi