Introductory questions about navigating in a browser.

Alan Joyce

Hi,

I’m new to using NVDA having little exposure to other text to speech programs before jumping in. I’ve use a program called the Grid which acts as a keyboard emulator to help me with my typing as I’m unable to physically access a standard keyboard. With my setup on NVDA, I have found a few elements which I’m struggling with and would appreciate a guide through. These are;

1.   When reading out a lengthy email from Gmail opened in the EDGE browser, is it possible to control the read back rate – say line by line – so I can pick up on what is being typed. What are the key combination for this and the settings which would allow this?

2.   When I open a webpage in the Edge, is it possible for NVDA to start to read the page content automatically? At the moment, it announces the page opening and I have to start finding my way through Tabbing or down arrow key which seems to work some times and then not others.

3.   For above, is there one reading mode which is preferred over the other?

I’m sure I’ve more to come on top of these but I’d welcome a start!

Kindest regards,

Alan

Windows 10, Ver 1909

Enable Ireland Disability Services Ltd. Registered Office Unit 32F, Rosemount Park Drive, Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin Road, Dublin 11 Registered in Dublin No.13909 Charity No.20006617 Patron Michael D. Higgins, President of Ireland Chairman Stephen Haughey Chief Executive John O'Sullivan Secretary Noreen Dempsey.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is intended solely for attention and use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any form of use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender and delete all copies from your computer system(s). The sender accepts no responsibility for unauthorised copying or processing of this email by any third party and disclaims any liability for any loss arising as a result.You are welcome to view our Privacy Notice on-line at: https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy.