Re: Does the latest release play nicely with Firefox? And the addon stuff isn't yet relevant if I update now, correct?

Quentin Christensen

Sharni-Lee,

As far as we are aware, NVDA and Firefox are playing nice together, but of course, if you encounter any issues, please do let us know!

Re the add-ons, as far as I know, most should have been updated to work with NVDA 2021.1 and later quite some time ago, but there is a page keeping track of where they are at here: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdacompat.en.html  So it's worth checking against any add-ons you use to make sure.

if you're worried, you can always download the latest version of NVDA from https://www.nvaccess.org/download/ and when you run it, select "Continue" or create a portable copy, and test that with anything crucial to ensure it works.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 9:09 PM Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:
I am still on Version 2020.3, and didn't update earlier this year
because I saw some messages about NVDA and Firefox not playing nicely,
and Firefox being my main browser, I was hesitant to update. Now that
I'm hearing about possible addon incompatibility, I'm realising I'd
better update before I have to go with a new release that breaks
anything, even if I don't have the addons that are being singled out. I
just wanna be sure things aren't liable to flip out if I update now.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager