In laptop keyboard mode, I'm using NVDa+a to start say all.
I have not used NVDA+space to enter browse mode in word.  I guess I could check to see if I'm entering by default, but I haven't seen any signs of doing so: as in typing an h and moving to a heading.
Christopher Bartlett

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 5:12 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
The command you are talking about does exactly the opposite.  It means that the review position will change as the cursor changes in a word processor document where there is a cursor or in a list and perhaps elsewhere.  It doesn’t cause the system focus to change when you use screen review.  That’s one of the points of screen review and object navigation.  You can review things and keep your position unchanged where you are working as your review position changes.

Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Different focus from say all and arrowing through

Are you using browse mode or working directly in the program?  That may be what is causing the problem.  If you are using browse mode in a word processor, try reading when not in browse mode and see if tracking is correct.

If my suggestion doesn’t solve the probloem, I have another one but I’ll wait to see what you say about this one.

Gene