Re: what next

Gene

I think it was Blindtech.

From: tim
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] what next

Now I forgot was it this list or the blind tech or one of the many windows lists. That some one did brick a HP laptop on a BIOS update?

On 10/20/2021 6:04 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 02:45 PM, Mohamed wrote:
HP actually has a BIOS configuration utility that can be used to edit BIOS settings from within Windows. https://ftp.ext.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html. this is a command line app that allows you to configure BIOS settings by editing a text file.
-
And unless you happen to know exactly what you're doing, I would never recommend that an end user go this route unless they are already intimately familiar with updating UEFI/BIOS, and very few are.

You can very easily brick a machine by very small changes in just the wrong spots in BIOS settings.

         ~ John F. Kennedy