Re: Looking for a certified NVDA trainer in Canada

Richard Kuzma

Just a thought and my two cents

Try windows narrator to see what results you get

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jujube
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 4:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Looking for a certified NVDA trainer in Canada

Hi Janet, I'm by no means a certified NVDA trainer or anything of that sort, but I think it'd be useful to know just a bit more information. Maybe this is something NV Access (aka Quentin) may need to assist with? I don't know.

First of all, just out of curiosity you're just using a demo version of JAWS to try it out, right? Second, are any JAWS scripts being used to interact with the program? Third, so am I correct in saying that the program works well with JAWS but NVDA cannot read or find the dialogues, buttons, controls, etc? I believe many programs these days have native keyboard commands or at least the controls are usually visible no matter what screen reader is in use. Also, it may be worth speaking to the developers of the program so it can be easily used with any screen reader.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 11:58 AM Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for someone in Canada certified in NVDA training to work with me to see whether there is any way to use NVDA with the proprietary software used by the company I contract for. The program is supposedly only compatible with JAWS which I am using now. I have tried NVDA with no success. NVDA is so much faster and more responsive. I would really like to be able to use it if possible. This would involve sharing my screen as the software is tied to my computer. If this is something that you may be able to help me with, please contact me directly at jbrandly@.... I will compensate you for your time.

Thank you,

Janet Brandly