Re: Here we go again!

Quentin Christensen

We encourage most users to use release candidate builds - unless people point out issues, then basically the release candidate will be identical to the final stable build - it is easier, for various reasons, for us to try to fix something in a release candidate build, than two weeks later in the final stable build.  Beta versions we are happy for people to test if they are confident they can get back to their stable version.  Alpha versions are really not designed for most users to use.  As noted in the thread here, things can break (deliberately or inadvertently) and we don't guarantee stability in alpha builds - though of course we DO want to know about any issues you encounter with those builds :)

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 5:27 AM Louise Pfau <louise.pfau@...> wrote:
Hi.  The existence of issues with Alpha and Beta builds is precisely why I now wait for stable versions of software.  I have used beta versions and release candidates of NVDA in the past, but I don't want to do that anymore because of the issues.

Louise

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager