Re: Looking for a certified NVDA trainer in Canada

Quentin Christensen

Have you talked to the company (or developers) about the accessibility of the package?  As others have asked, do you know if it uses Jaws scripts to enable it to work with Jaws?

If regular navigation isn't getting you around the software, are you familiar with the review cursor and object navigation?  They are NVDA concepts for moving around text and objects which is otherwise inaccessible with normal navigation.  You can find them in the User Guide: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#NavigatingWithNVDA but if you are not already familiar with them, I'd strongly recommend the Basic Training for NVDA which goes into much more depth on them and has exercises and activities to practice your skills: https://www.nvaccess.org/product/basic-training-for-nvda-ebook/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 5:58 AM Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for someone in Canada certified in NVDA training to work with me to see whether there is any way to use NVDA with the proprietary software used by the company I contract for. The program is supposedly only compatible with JAWS which I am using now. I have tried NVDA with no success. NVDA is so much faster and more responsive. I would really like to be able to use it if possible. This would involve sharing my screen as the software is tied to my computer. If this is something that you may be able to help me with, please contact me directly at jbrandly@.... I will compensate you for your time.

Thank you,

Janet Brandly

--
Quentin Christensen