Re: NVDA says "link dot" even when Symbol Level is Set to "some"

Gene

I’m not sure why this is happening.  This may solvve the problem.
You can try setting the level for the actual symbol to high.  That means it will only be spoken in high.  I’m not talking about setting the general level.  There is more than one case for determining when a period is spoken.  Open Preferences..
In that menu,find and open punctuation/symbol pronunciation.  Up arrow to it, its faster.
type the period symbol.  Tab twice and set the level to all if it isn’t already.  You will hear the level setting without tabbing.
In the list, type the period symbol again.  There is a dot dot dot symbol.  Don’t change that unless you want the three dot symbol pronounced at a different level. 
Type the period symbol again. 
If this period setting is not for all, set it to all as I described above.

When you are finished, tab to and activate the ok button.
Gene

Sent: Friday, October 22, 2021 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA says "link dot" even when Symbol Level is Set to "some"

Possibly because Theres a dot at the end of the link, but without any examples its difficult to give an explanation why it says dot in your case

Sent: 22 October 2021 14:37
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA says "link dot" even when Symbol Level is Set to "some"

Hi everyone,

I've been wondering why NVDA says "dot" after reading a link on a web page or any where else, even when the say symbol is set to "some".

Are there any uses for this happening? Because I don't see any uses for this. Is  there a way to modify this behavior?

I tried using speech dictionary  to modify it, but without any success.

Thanks

Suhas
---
Sent from Thunderbird

“Sometimes you just jump and hope it's not a cliff.”
Casey McQuiston, Red, White & Royal Blue

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.