Re: About Accessibility improvements in Libre Office if you can inform

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for asking!  We have recently started working a little closer with some interested developers from the LibreOffice community.  So we are hopeful of improvements coming down the pipeline.

You can find NVDA's LibreOffice issues using the "LibreOffice" tag on our issue tracker here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Aapp%2Flibreoffice+

You can find Libre Office's bugs which mention NVDA by searching their Bugzilla repository: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=nvda

And for any developers interested in joining in, while both projects are open source and you are welcome to contribute to any issues you are interested in, LibreOffice also regularly offer tenders for specific work they are willing to pay for.  Currently there is a tender available to implement C++ accessibility tests: https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2021/10/13/tender-to-implement-c-accessibility-tests-202110-01/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 9:49 PM Marcos Antonio Schllosser <marcos.listas1981@...> wrote:
Greetings.

I have been looking for some time to use LibreOficee to produce my
Documents.

However, I have noticed that this Suit has sin in Accessibility if we
compare it with Maicrosoft Office.

The List of Elements in this Suit would need to be implemented as it
exists in Maicrosoft Office and it would be necessary to make the Dialog
Boxes more accessible to use Styles, Formatting, among others, which in
Maicrosoft's Suit is fully accessible.

For example, I tried some time ago to associate a Google Drive Account
with Libre Office so that I could save my files to the Cloud but this
dialog is fully accessible.

Could you let me know if the NVDA developers are thinking of doing some
implementations in NVDA to make Libre Office more accessible?

I appreciate if you can inform.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager