Re: nvdaCertPatch fails to work for me

Hi Lukasz and others,

It was pointed out on NVDA add-ons list that this issue may affect domain-joined computers managed by IT admins. Specifically, despite request from NVDA (specifically, Python), Windows will not update certificate store. I took a look at a private debug log, and an SSL error is shown that says "certificate has expired" despite running the workarounds suggested here (I had the original poster use the Python Console method to no avail). The poster also informed me privately that this happens with Add-on Updater 21.10 which includes the fix from NVDA 2021.3, so our next bet is waiting until 2021.3 beta 1 is released before trying again (provided that this works).

Cheers,

Joseph