locked Re: Making Portable NVDA

John Isige

Ah I see. I figured that would be set up already, either because newer UEFI comes with that by default, I think, or it had already been done.

On 10/30/2021 12:04 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 12:34 PM, John Isige wrote:
Do you need sighted assistance?
-
Yes.   Doing a completely clean reinstall involves changing the boot order in UEFI/BIOS to look for the USB media first in that order.  There is no screen reader support without an operating system (regardless of the operating system) so one needs sighted assistance on the rare occasions where one needs to deal with UEFI/BIOS.

Normally I'd suggest doing a Repair Install/Feature Update using the same media, but you must be able to boot into Windows 10 in order to do that.  And since this computer has not been fired up in years, and the password cannot be remembered (presuming it uses a local account - if it uses a Microsoft Account, you can change the password for that account on Microsoft.com and the change propagates down provided you're connected to the internet when you boot), and it has an ancient version of Windows 10 it just makes more sense to do what we in the business call a "Nuke and Pave" and have what amounts to an "out of the box" experience with the machine immediately afterward.

         ~ John F. Kennedy