locked Re: Making Portable NVDA

Howard Traxler

Sorry, we're drifting away from the original subject; but Brian, when I do this reinstall of windows, must I be connected to the internet?  At what point can I start my portable NVDA or narrator?

I went to ASUS website today and can't figure out how to get the drivers for this computer.  I left them an email; we'll see if they respond.

Howard

On 10/30/2021 10:14 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 02:42 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:

If you have other ideas, please suggest.

-
Given the history of this machine, I would suggest: */Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive/* <https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1XBakbeS4WYPN3-O5ET5HIQO_Qey-g3XK>

You will end up needing sighted assistance because this process involves some "pre-Windows being active" steps.   But it allows you to wipe the machine completely clean and start entirely afresh with the latest version of Windows.  You'll even have to set up your account on the machine again.

*The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.*

         ~ John F. Kennedy