locked Re: Making Portable NVDA

Howard Traxler

An example:  While I'm awaiting sighted help to get this ASUS machine going, I brought out my 15-year old IBM thinkpad that has windows xp, JAWS 15, NVDA 2017, and some old firefox.  Not current, and it's slow, but it keeps me going temporarily.  How about that?

Howard

On 10/30/2021 11:35 AM, John Isige wrote:

Do you need sighted assistance? You can generate install media from Windows, and when you boot from the media, you should be able to activate Narrator.

On 10/30/2021 10:14 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 02:42 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:

If you have other ideas, please suggest.

-
Given the history of this machine, I would suggest: */Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive/* <https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1XBakbeS4WYPN3-O5ET5HIQO_Qey-g3XK>

You will end up needing sighted assistance because this process involves some "pre-Windows being active" steps.   But it allows you to wipe the machine completely clean and start entirely afresh with the latest version of Windows.  You'll even have to set up your account on the machine again.

*The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.*

         ~ John F. Kennedy