NVDA and Outlook issue

Chris Tromborg

Edited

Hello, group:

I am a long-time NVDA supporter and user.  For over a month, I have been participating in the NYPL classes featuring Chancy fleet that focus on introducing screen reader users to NVDA.

Years ago, I used NVDA as a reliable portable speech program that could be loaded onto a thumb drive to be used when I was in the field and did not necessarily have access to a computer with speech already installed.  I thought so highly of NVDA that I became a monthly supporter, a commitment that I retain.

I just joined this group and consequently noticed that there was a recent upgrade.  So, I installed the upgrade and now Outlook is angry with mefor being a way for so long.

When I load Outlook, all seems normal.  However, whenever I attempt to reply, the program will not accept the characters: That key is not available or That function is not supported.  In any case, I cannot enter text into the Reply field.  Is there a setting that I am not aware of that must be invoked to correct this?  Any assistance will be appreciated.

Chris Tromborg, Ph.D.

Mountain Lion Foundation

Feline Conservation Foundation

Behavioral Enrichment for Captive Animals

Animal Communication, Behavior, & Cognition

Feline Conservation & Biology

1-530-902-2763 Cell

cattromborg@...

www.christromborg.com