supressing announcement of row and column in a web table

Mary Otten

I visit a grocery store website which has its sale items laid out in a very nice table, with columns headed things like location, brand, item, price etc. In addition, each item in the table is, for some reason, marked as a heading level 3. I can stop the readout of the heading messages by temporarily shutting off the reporting of headings in the nvda settings for elements grouping. I also turned off the reading of column and row headings, although that didn't do anything, and I can't find a way to stop the announcement of row and column numbers either. I want to just get into the column that lists the items and go straight down with control alt down arrow, and when I do that, I do not want to hear row such and such, column such and such, as it is totally not needed in this situation. Is there a way to do this?

Mary