Re: supressing announcement of row and column in a web table

Jujube

Hi, you could try disabling all table reading in document settings and then going into browse mode settings and turning on "include layout tables". That may or may not work I guess. Otherwise, this could just be due to the design of the tables themselves which I don't think we can get around as screen reader users. HOpe this helps.

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 3:46 PM Mary Otten <maryotten@...> wrote:
I visit a grocery store website which has its sale items laid out in a
very nice table, with columns headed things like location, brand, item,
price etc. In addition, each item in the table is, for some reason,
marked as a heading level 3. I can stop the readout of the heading
messages by temporarily shutting off the reporting of headings in the
nvda settings for elements grouping. I also turned off the reading of
column and row headings, although that didn't do anything, and I can't
find a way to stop the announcement of row and column numbers either. I
want to just get into the column that lists the items and go straight
down with control alt down arrow, and when I do that, I do not want to
hear row such and such, column such and such, as it is totally not
needed in this situation. Is there a way to do this?

Mary