Re: Punctuation level has stopped working

Tyler Spivey

What are you doing to change the punctuation level, and what does NVDA say?

Also, which punctuation is being read?

On 11/1/2021 8:29 AM, Gerry wrote:
This sounds interesting
Brian wrote...
This is a very convenient way to test with another version of NVDA if all you have is the installer and you don't really want to install or to create a portable copy for use elsewhere.
I have the latest version installed, do I have to uninstall first in order to re-install and see the licence dialogue?
I am not very tekky, so would it be easier to go for the portable version?
thanks
Gerry
On 01/11/2021 15:02, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 09:51 AM, Gene wrote:

You can see if the problem is an NVDA problem or something else by
running the exe file and creating a portable version.

-
As an aside, you don't even have to go so far as creating a portable version.  One of the buttons in the License Agreement dialog that is the first thing that shows up when you run the installer is /Continue running/.  The other two are /Install NVDA on this computer/ and /Create a Portable Copy/.

Activating the /Continue/ /running/ button makes the installer itself act as though it is a portable copy (without any add-ons or other configuration changes) without actually having to create an actual portable copy.  It also doesn't, of course, install on the computer, either.

This is a very convenient way to test with another version of NVDA if all you have is the installer and you don't really want to install or to create a portable copy for use elsewhere.

*The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.*

         ~ John F. Kennedy