Excel Dropdowns (i.e., submenu) - NVDA stops speaking after exiting these

Heather Campbell

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue when using NVDA 2021.2 to interact with dropdowns/submenus in an Excel file (Office 365). I can press Alt + Down Arrow to expand the list, Down Arrow to the desired option, and then press Enter. However, if I then try to navigate in the sheet, NVDA stops talking. If I Alt + Tab to a different window and then Alt + Tab back to the Excel file, NVDA starts speaking again. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Are there any work arounds? I'm using Windows 10, version 21H1.

Thank you!

Heather