From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Heather Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 3:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Excel Dropdowns (i.e., submenu) - NVDA stops speaking after exiting these

Hi Jujube and Gene,
Thank you, Jujube, for your response. When I
checked the "use UI automation with Excel," it did fix the issue that I described where NVDA stopped talking after choosing an item from a dropdown. Unfortunately, after I checked this checkbox, NVDA stopped reading column titles that I had defined using Excel's define name feature. I also could not press NVDA + Shift + C to set column titles or NVDA + Shift + R to set row titles. It just typed a C or R in the cell.

Heather