Re: Excel Dropdowns (i.e., submenu) - NVDA stops speaking after exiting these

Pranav Lal

Hi Heather,

I can duplicate your experience about NVDA not reading row and column title and we losing the ability to define them after use uia is checked.

Pranav

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Heather Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 3:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Excel Dropdowns (i.e., submenu) - NVDA stops speaking after exiting these

Hi Jujube and Gene,
Thank you, Jujube, for your response. When I 
checked the "use UI automation with Excel," it did fix the issue that I described where NVDA stopped talking after choosing an item from a dropdown. Unfortunately, after I checked this checkbox, NVDA stopped reading column titles that I had defined using Excel's define name feature. I also could not press NVDA + Shift + C to set column titles or NVDA + Shift + R to set row titles. It just typed a C or R in the cell. 

Heather

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 8:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Excel Dropdowns (i.e., submenu) - NVDA stops speaking after exiting these

Hi

If that works can you let us know.

Thanks Gene nz

On 3/11/2021 6:31 am, Heather Campbell wrote:

Hello everyone, 

I'm experiencing an issue when using NVDA 2021.2 to interact with dropdowns/submenus in an Excel file (Office 365). I can press Alt + Down Arrow to expand the list, Down Arrow to the desired option, and then press Enter. However, if I then try to navigate in the sheet, NVDA stops talking. If I Alt + Tab to a different window and then Alt + Tab back to the Excel file, NVDA starts speaking again. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Are there any work arounds? I'm using Windows 10, version 21H1.

Thank you!

Heather 

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.