Re: NVDA and Thunderbird

Gene

That may be but the actual problem is not an NVDA problem.  This problem began perhaps six or eight months ago when a Thunderbird developer caused the status bar to force a lot of unwanted speech.  Much of it was removed after complaints.  This speech probably wasn’t heard in JAWS either but improperly implemented accessibility isn’t the fault of NVDA.

Perhaps this is done in the same way as forced Aria speech is.  JAWS has a setting for stopping forced Aria speech, and I think NVDA should as well, but the actual problem itself is a Thunderbird problem.

From: Danny Park
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2021 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Thunderbird

This problem only seems to occur when using NVDA it works just fine with jaws and I get none of  the messages about messages being moved to  folders.

Dannyg

On Nov 4, 2021, at 12:33, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I suspect this is an aspect of the status bar being improperly set up.  At times, it forces speech.  You can turn off the status line and see if that solves the problem.  Do the following:
Open the view menu, alt v.
Down arrow to toolbars and press enter.  Down arrow to status bar, which should say checked.  Press enter and it will no longer be shown and the menus will close.
To have it shown again, follow the same procedure.