Re: NVDA and Thunderbird

Gene

That explains it.

From: Danny Park
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2021 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Thunderbird

Just found an interesting thing.  When you are reading a message it has a different set of settings.  When I was in a list of messages and did the alt-v the status bar was turned off, however, when in the message itself and I did the alt-v the status bar was turned on and changing that one helped.

Danny

On 11/4/2021 12:33 PM, Gene wrote:
I suspect this is an aspect of the status bar being improperly set up.  At times, it forces speech.  You can turn off the status line and see if that solves the problem.  Do the following:
Open the view menu, alt v.
Down arrow to toolbars and press enter.  Down arrow to status bar, which should say checked.  Press enter and it will no longer be shown and the menus will close.
To have it shown again, follow the same procedure.