Re: Self-Produced AudioBook with NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

Actually I voiced a book someone needed once. I could do a chapter in about 30 minutes but the script I had auto converted which was fine. These chapters were about 50 pages in length btw.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Saturday, November 6, 2021 9:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Self-Produced AudioBook with NVDA

No, for several reasons some of which I've listed below:

1. It would have to be done in real time tying up your PC for that period of time.
2. If this is something you're going to sell, the question as to the possible legality of using the TTS voices comes to play.

If this were something non-commercial and you're doing for yourself or for a friend, then I recommend the use of Balabolka instead. It's much faster than doing it in real time.

If this is for self publishing, you need to read the license of whatever TTS voice you want to use for this as to what it says about commercial use.

Stay well,

Laz

On 11/6/21, David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...> wrote:
Hello Group,
Is it feasible to use the NVDA screen reader to record/produce an
audio book?
If so, where can one find a detailed tutorial to guide the process
from recording to self publishing?

Thanks in advance.
--
David C. Russell, Author