Re: Self-Produced AudioBook with NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah agreed. I would get a human narrator is at all possible if you cannot, or don’t feel comfortable reading your stuff.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, November 6, 2021 10:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Self-Produced AudioBook with NVDA

On Sat, Nov 6, 2021 at 12:52 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I would not do this, it will sound horable.

-
About which we agree.  Those who use screen readers daily should know, very well, the pitfalls with regard to speech synthesizers and the sometimes odd choices they make.

It would likely matter less if we're talking about, say, a textbook, though it would still matter, but if the content is prose you want someone to read it who gets the entire gist of what's going on in said prose.

         ~ John F. Kennedy