Re: Slow response in Microsoft Word

Sharni-Lee Ward

Just tested with the beta, and it's a bit faster, but not as responsive as I'm accustomed to from most other apps. The only other app that lags like this is Thunderbird, though admittedly that lag is worse than word's. It's probably partly that I'm tabbing manually through the ribbon instead of using keyboard shortcuts. I've forgotten how to do most of the things I'll want to do with shortcuts but I can google those.

On 8/11/2021 5:15 am, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

Sorry, it's been a while and I thought NVAccess only displayed stable releases... My bad.

On 8/11/2021 4:59 am, Chris Smart wrote:

The NVDA Website??

Nvaccess.org

Or, Google is your friend.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: November 7, 2021 12:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slow response in Microsoft Word

So where can I get a beta copy to test this out?

On 8/11/2021 4:36 am, Gene wrote:

It seems to me I saw something a few weeks ago that sluggishness in Word in moving through documents was considerably improved in the beta versions of NVDA.  If you haven’t done this, you might want to try a beta [portable.

Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2021 11:33 AM

Tried it, and the response when tabbing around is still sluggish.