Re: Yahoo password

I know the one letter navigation keys, but I didn't think to put those
in the list of what I did to change my password. I don't fully trust
sites I'm not all that aquainted with so when I'm investigating I
first go down line by line with the arrow keys. Yes, that is
time-consuming, but I feel comfortable doing things that way until I
learn the site better.
Plus, there are a lot of "clickable" tags so I felt it safer to just
arrow down incase I missed something. I found what I needed right away
so I admit to not looking around and experimenting more. I also don't
know this person very well so I don't know their level of
understanding for commands and thought just a straight listing of what
I did, minus keystrokes, was okay.
I thought it was helping and I wasn't expecting a lecture about my
methods to quickly get something done on a website I'm not familiar
with and just stating exactly what I did. If you don't know what to
search for, some sites use login, sign in, log off or sign out, and
the time spent typing in possibilities to search for arrowing down
could've gotten to the same place. Normally login options for sites
are near the top so I didn't feel I needed to try and skip around with
one letter navigation.
Sorry if I sound defensive about this. I normally use many of the
keystrokes for one letter navigation in webpages and just on my
computer itself and your response just rubbed me the wrong way.

Why can't you simply issue the command f when at the top of the home page to
move to the first form field and repeat the search until you get to the
right one? or if you know the field you are looking for is an edit field,
your screen-reader may have a command such as the letter e to move you to
the first edit field from the top of the page. If it isn't the right one,
you can repeat the command until you get there just as you can with the
letter f.

If you are looking for a link you have to follow that might sign in, you can
use the search command from the top of the page and search for what you
think might be correct. If you are talking about moving to something that
is almost at the rtop of the page, these methods may not matter but my7
point is that a lot of blind Internet users waste an enormous amount of time
because they don't know or use these methods. I am not assuming my
suggestions are the best for what we are discussing on this specific page.
But they will save people a lot of time if generally practiced.