Re: Failing to read document with Adobe Acrobat DC and NVDA

enes sarıbaş

Hi,

I am using the English version.

On 11/9/2021 6:03 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
There is one comment on that issue Enes shared indicating that it works in English, but does not work in other languages, or at least Turkish.  For those experiencing Adobe Reader NOT working, what language are you using?  (I am using English, which might fit with that hypothesis as althoguh it throws a bunch of errors in the log, it does open and read the file).

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 7:34 AM cisco <audiogamer2004@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin and all,

I wanted to firstly thank you for the link, it was the one I downloaded the continuous version from.

How ever, when I tried to open a PDF file in that specific version as well, the same that happened previously happened, I wasn’t able to read anything.

I’m just letting you all guys know so you can see if you have that problem or not.

If you find some kind of workaround do write it on the list for those of us who have the problem.

Thanks again for everything.

Best regards.

Francisco.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 4:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Failing to read document with Adobe Acrobat DC and NVDA

I don't have the exact URL I downloaded from, I likely updated from a previous version.  But just looking on Adobe's site I found: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/otherversions/

Which lets you select the OS, language and version (64-bit or 32-bit).  I found our issue on it: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/12920 but I don't have a concrete solution, except that it seems to work for some users and not for others.

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 10:39 PM cisco <audiogamer2004@...> wrote:

Hello there Quentin and all,

May I ask a link to download the version of Acrobat you’re using right now? I not only want to download it, I also want to confront the link with the one I used.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Francisco.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, November 8, 2021 12:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Failing to read document with Adobe Acrobat DC and NVDA

I'm not sure what the specific issue here is, but in response to the comment about Adobe Reader DC 64 not being accessible, I am using:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous Release Version 2021.007.20099 64-bit

And I can read accessible PDF files with NVDA 2021.3 beta 2  (I didn't try 2021.2 just now, but I was using it until we released the first beta and I didn't notice an issue).

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.