Re: error tones playing when NVDA is loading

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 10:46 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
this is the first time I have taken the plunge and used a beta/RC version.
-
Just to be clear, I think the RC versions have the non-critical error tones turned OFF just like the actual released software does.  It's only alpha/beta versions that present these.

And we're all new to everything we've ever done once.  It's a perfectly logical concern that if you're hearing error tones to believe that critical errors may be occurring.  But most of the time they are not if you are not experiencing any issue in how the software is behaving.  You just get used to ignoring these in the betas until or unless something "blows up" right after you hear one.  Then you start NVDA again with debug logging enabled, try to blow it up again, and if you can create an issue report with the logging information on GitHub for the NVDA developers.  That doesn't happen all that often.

         ~ John F. Kennedy