Re: error tones playing when NVDA is loading

Chris

I think you can now turn them off under nvda advanced settings

From: Dan Beaver
Sent: 10 November 2021 15:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] error tones playing wen NVDA is loading

Well, I guess that would explain it.  this is the first time I have taken the plunge and used a beta/RC version.  That would be why I haven't heard them before. :)

Dan Beaver

On 11/10/2021 10:38 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Probably nothing.  The Beta versions play error tones for "non-critical" errors.  I've never used a beta where I don't get error tones on many occasions when, from a functional perspective, nothing is going wrong.

If you look at the detailed logs for most software there are rafts of non-critical errors.  And NVDA release candidates and released versions do not report these via those tones while the testing versions do.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)