Re: error tones playing when NVDA is loading

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 01:06 PM, Chris wrote:
I think you can now turn them off under nvda advanced settings
-
I don't see anything there that controls this.   If there is somewhere that the end user could turn these off, that would be good to know.

But, and it's an important but, because the betas don't ship with the error tones turned off, it's important that those who do choose to try out a beta "don't freak" every time they hear an error tone played, because they almost certainly will even before you'd have any chance to turn off this feature if that's possible.

For those who use beta versions regularly, we just get used to paying attention to how NVDA is behaving rather than giving those tones much credence.  For myself, I'd leave them on just to remind myself that I am using a beta and to update to release once it hits.  To each his or her own.

         ~ John F. Kennedy