Re: Can NVDA be placed in a default directory when creating a portable version?

Gene

Its been opened since 2013.  I’m not hopeful.

Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can NVDA be placed in a default directory when creating a portable version?

There is an open issue for this here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/3113

Don't forget to make sure any ideas for implementation are captured on the issue - as and when someone works on a fix, they will check the comments on the issue, not necessarily in here.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 12:54 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I wouldn’t object to a default folder being offered if none is specified by the user.  And if one is specified, a subfolder should be created in that folder containing the files.  As things stand now, when a portable copy is made, if a folder is specified, the files are placed in that folder and if there are other files, the NVDA files are mixed with the other files.  No warning is given at any time in the creation dialog about this.  This is a longstanding problem and it is important that the behavior be changed.  I would think this would be a very easy change and it should be done either in the current version or in the next production version, if not in the betas.