Re: New member needing help

Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...>

Sir, I just wanted some advice. I don't want to depend on the touch screen of my device. Just as a matter of information, I suffer from depression and anxiety. And I didn't know what you're telling me.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tyler Spivey via groups.io
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 23:38
Subject: Re: [nvda] New member needing help

What you buy is up to you.
If you buy a standard qwerty keyboard, you can enter whatever language
you want.
That's handled by Windows, not NVDA. Tell Windows you want to write in
Spanish, and your keyboard will work.

If you want the Orbit Writer, you can assign gestures in NVDA's input
gestures to control it.
You can emulate Windows commands like Alt+F4 with NVDA in Input
Gestures, but you'll have to assign each one, and it asks you to enter
the gesture (which you need a keyboard for, though the tablet's built-in
keyboard might work).
If NVDA crashes, you can't simply press alt+ctrl+n like you can on a
regular keyboard to restart it, since NVDA is handling the Orbit Writer.
You'd have to restart it from the tablet.

I've tried one with NVDA, and For me, NVDA needs to be restarted every
time the Orbit Writer turns off to get it to work again, which could be
annoying.