From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Melissa
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 5:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Yahoo password

I know the one letter navigation keys, but I didn't think to put those in the list of what I did to change my password. I don't fully trust sites I'm not all that aquainted with so when I'm investigating I first go down line by line with the arrow keys. Yes, that is time-consuming, but I feel comfortable doing things that way until I learn the site better.
Plus, there are a lot of "clickable" tags so I felt it safer to just arrow down incase I missed something. I found what I needed right away so I admit to not looking around and experimenting more. I also don't know this person very well so I don't know their level of understanding for commands and thought just a straight listing of what I did, minus keystrokes, was okay.
I thought it was helping and I wasn't expecting a lecture about my methods to quickly get something done on a website I'm not familiar with and just stating exactly what I did. If you don't know what to search for, some sites use login, sign in, log off or sign out, and the time spent typing in possibilities to search for arrowing down could've gotten to the same place. Normally login options for sites are near the top so I didn't feel I needed to try and skip around with one letter navigation.
Sorry if I sound defensive about this. I normally use many of the keystrokes for one letter navigation in webpages and just on my computer itself and your response just rubbed me the wrong way.

Why can't you simply issue the command f when at the top of the home
page to move to the first form field and repeat the search until you
get to the right one? or if you know the field you are looking for is
an edit field, your screen-reader may have a command such as the
letter e to move you to the first edit field from the top of the page.
If it isn't the right one, you can repeat the command until you get
there just as you can with the letter f.

If you are looking for a link you have to follow that might sign in,
you can use the search command from the top of the page and search for
what you think might be correct. If you are talking about moving to
something that is almost at the rtop of the page, these methods may
not matter but my7 point is that a lot of blind Internet users waste
an enormous amount of time because they don't know or use these
methods. I am not assuming my suggestions are the best for what we are discussing on this specific page.
But they will save people a lot of time if generally practiced.