From: Tracy
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2021 09:25
Subject: Re: [nvda] New member needing help

Hi. I have the Orbit Writer and like it. I read and write only in English. You may want to phone Orbit Research and speak with them directly.

Tracy

On 2021-11-10 9:18 p.m., Viris g. Rodríguez wrote:

Hello everybody. I'm Viris Rodríguez and I live in Mexico City.
About a month ago, I bought the InsideOne tablet manufactured by InsideVision. I thought I would be able to get used to the touch screen but I couldn't. Silly, I know.
However, I don't want to give it back because I'm not gonna beg Freedomscientific nor Eurobraille. So, I've been looking for an external keyboard to control my tablet.
I've recently found the orbit writer, which I really like. But, according to the user guide, it has no NVDA commands to control Windows. I've also checked some qwerty keyboards like the Macally FRcompactkey but I was told it only supported US English.
As far as I know, NVDA supports several languages. Is it possible to configure NVDA to enter Spanish characters using a qwerty keyboard?
Should I buy the orbit writer or a standard qwerty keyboard?
I'm sorry to bother you. Any help would be really appreciated.
Sincerely.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#89541) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

NVDA Topics on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topics | NVDA Archive Search Page on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/search

Get NVDA from: https://www.nvaccess.org/
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate at: https://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Get NVDA add-ons at: https://addons.nvda-project.org/