Re: New member needing help

Gene

If you are completely new to Windows and NVdA, you need organized teaching about Windows and, depending on how you are going to use it, some organized teaching about NVDA.  You can learn a small amount about any screen-reader such as how to control the rate of speech, read the title bar, and a small number of other commands, and do a great deal if you know Windows basics.

I don’t know how much money you want to spend nor do I know if the NVDA instructional material mainly teaches NVDA or both Windows and NVDA.  but a good knowledge of Windows is more important in many ways than a detailed knowledge of NVDA, especially when you aren’t doing things that require an advanced knowledge of NVDA.  It is far more important in the beginning to learn Windows well than a lot about a screen-reader.

I would say to get as standard a keyboard as possible, based on what you have said in terms of what you appear to need to learn.  I don’t know anything about the other keyboard you are asking about and those who know it may disagree with me. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New member needing help

Hello, Tracy. I've already done that. I would have to assign key combinations to each command. The thing is that I'm completely new to Windows and NVDA. So I feel lost.
Thanks for everything.
Sincerely.

----- Original Message -----
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2021 09:25
Subject: Re: [nvda] New member needing help

Hi. I have the Orbit Writer and like it. I read and write only in English. You may want to phone Orbit Research and speak with them directly.

Tracy

On 2021-11-10 9:18 p.m., Viris g. Rodríguez wrote:

Hello everybody. I'm Viris Rodríguez and I live in Mexico City.
About a month ago, I bought the InsideOne tablet manufactured by InsideVision. I thought I would be able to get used to the touch screen but I couldn't. Silly, I know.
However, I don't want to give it back because I'm not gonna beg Freedomscientific nor Eurobraille. So, I've been looking for an external keyboard to control my tablet.
I've recently found the orbit writer, which I really like. But, according to the user guide, it has no NVDA commands to control Windows. I've also checked some qwerty keyboards like the Macally FRcompactkey but I was told it only supported US English.
As far as I know, NVDA supports several languages. Is it possible to configure NVDA to enter Spanish characters using a qwerty keyboard?
Should I buy the orbit writer or a standard qwerty keyboard?
I'm sorry to bother you. Any help would be really appreciated.
Sincerely.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.