locked Re: Japanese TTS engine

Clement Chou

NVDA does support Japanese braille, I use ot with a braille sense
polaris and it reads with no issues. :) As for the TTS, that's all
well and good except I don't know of any legal way to get the version
that has the extra languages.

On 11/12/21, Ben J. Bloomgren <godsquad@...> wrote:
I will take a look at the Narrator voices, but I’d like to offer another
option to you, provided that it’s not a Nono to do it on the list. The IBM
TTS has Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese voices along with some
others. Now we just need to have NVDA implement Japanese braille. Then, we’d
be in like flint.

Ben

On Nov 10, 2021, at 02:58, juergenkohler23@... wrote:

Hello,

is there a free Japanese TTS engine for NVDA (e.g. a SAPI4 or SAPI5
voice)? I would be very happy to receive answers!

Many thanks and best regards