Re: new subscriber with braille display issues

Brett Boyer

Ok to answer some of the questions.
I have rebooted several times. I have uninstalled several times. I have deleted my nvda folder under the app data. I have ran C cleaner and cleaned my registry after uninstalling NVDA.
I have used the run comm registration tool.
I have searched for braille note touch drivers for NVDA and haven't found anything that wasn't at least 3 years old or so.
I have a Braille Note Touch plus and I'm trying to use the USB connection. The autodetect has been tried several times.
Not sure if I have answered all of the questions. Hopefully you guys have some more ideas because I'm still seeing a basic list of braille displays.
Eco hito mdv lilly, papenmire seka, and no braille.
Thanks again for all of the help
bb

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2021 1:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] new subscriber with braille display issues

Hello,
have you tried restarting NVDA with addons disabled? An addon might interfere with the procedure of assembling your list of Braille display drivers.
Are we talking about the list that you get when pressing NVDA+CTRL+a?
Best,
Felix

Am Sa., 13. Nov. 2021 um 08:18 Uhr schrieb cisco <audiogamer2004@...>:

Hello there,

These might be a few questions and suggestions that might help you:

Have you been using NVDA for long? If so, did this issue appear in 2021.2? or, have you just installed 2021.2 for the first time and got this error?
Have you installed the drivers relating to Humanware displays? I don’t know if there are any, but installing drivers might help your issue.

Hope these two things help.

Best regards.

Francisco.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brett
Boyer
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2021 6:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] new subscriber with braille display issues

Hi. It seems that my list of Braille displays is missing several displays. Including my HumanWare displays. I have tried googling around but I haven’t found anything that has helped.

I have tried removing NVDA a few times. Deleted my app data folder, and did a registry clean from C cleaner.

I don’t know if I have something corrupt. When I go to the help submenu to update nvda I get an error.

Any help would be appreciated.

bb

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.