Re: What Is The Proper Way To Display Icons On the System Tray In Windows 11 As Concerns NVDA

Louis Maher

From the Jonathan Mosen (Mosen AT Large) show published on November 13, 2021, comes the suggestion to hit alt + b which will take you to the system desktop menu and place you on the chevron icon. If you then hit space bar, you can arrow left and see icons, and or you can arrow right and see more icons.

I do not yet run Windows 11.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail: ljmaher03@outlook.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 9:01 AM
To: NVDA Official Group <nvda@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] What Is The Proper Way To Display Icons On the System Tray In Windows 11 As Concerns NVDA

Hi Group,

Shortly after I upgraded to Windows 11, I have had an issue when trying to review items on the system tray.  I don't see all of them that should appear. somehow (and I don't think it was immediately after installation of Windows 11--but maybe a day or so later) all I see if 5 icons and when I get to the network icon, what seems to be happening is that for some reason I lose focus on the system tray and wind up on the taskbar.

I must have accidentally changed something in some manner to hide/conceal icons on the taskbar. So what are the proper settings that will display all the icons I want to see on the system tray? In particular, I cannot access the volume icon on  the system tray.   This issue occurs both with the Windows command Windows key + B and with the add on for NVDA which uses the JAWS similar keystroke NVDA + F11.

--

Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice; For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!