Re: BEEPS NOT OCCURING

Richard Wells

Also, in the copy file progress dialog, if you select more details, you will not hear beeps. It is a toggle and you can TAB around the dialog to find it. If it says more details, you should be hearing beeps, because you are actually on less details. If you press space-bar here, you will hear speech say less details, which means that more details are actually showing.

On 11/13/2021 6:40 PM, Gene wrote:
Either you set it incorrectly or there is another problem.  There is a shortcut command that allows you to change the setting on the fly.  You don’t have to be in NVDA to do this.  Use the command NVDA u to cycle through the options.  Try moving through them, stopping on the one you want, and see if it works as expected.  If not try rebooting.

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2021 6:32 PM
Subject: [nvda] BEEPS NOT OCCURING

Hello  ALL,

I don’t know what I have done but hear is my problem.

When pasting a large number of files from the clipboard to another location nvda used to beep in ascending notes to give me an idea as to how far this action progressed.

For some reason this doesn’t now occur.

In object orientation I set the progress bar to beeps but the result is the same.

Any help please as I prefer beeps to speech saying “two percent”.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.