Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance on Monday, September 26th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Monday September 26, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
- new subscriber with braille display issues
Re: new subscriber with braille display issues
I see. Humanware does have a page with a download link for the braille display driver:
Basically, you would:
- Install the braille terminal driver from the site I linked above (although it says BrailleNote Touch, it is applicable to Touch Plus as well). You should install just the USB driver, not the JAWS driver.
- After the driver is installed, from Touch Plus, go to main menu (Home key), select Braille Terminal, then choose USB. Touch Plus will say, "Braille Terminal: USB".
- Connect the Touch Plus to the computer using the provided USB-C charging cable.
- Wait for Windows to finish installing Touch Plus.
- On the computer, press Control+NVDA+A to open braille display dialog, at which point you should see a HumanWare entry. You can use that entry or choose "automatic" to let NVDA detect the Touch Plus.
If things went well, you will see the contents of the screen on the braille display.
IMPORTANT: if you connect the Touch Plus without starting Braille Terminal, Windows will recognize Touch Plus as an Android device.
In case you didn't know, there is a dedicated list for BrailleNote users on Groups.IO where folks do discuss braille display connection questions from time to time:
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.