This is not a problem when the user knows how to use the screen reader efficiently, but is annoying.

That shows us how far we are of a really accessible web design.

Yahoo Mail is especially difficult to use. They say that they are using widgets instead of tags, but that is a fallacy, because buttons, check boxes, links are all there and the use of the page with a screen reader becomes stressing, to say the least.

Em 26/09/2016 20:10, Gene escreveu:

Fields are usually announced and there may be a description that is read either when you get to the edit field or immediately above it or other fields as well.  If a field or the text immediately above it says login user name or e-mail address or something similar, unless you think you are on the wrong page or that there may be more than one place to log in to different parts of the site or different pages for logging into different parts of the site, not using efficient navigation does nothing but waste time.  If you move to a field and want more information, up and/or down arrowing around the field will often satisfy the user whether the proper field is being worked with.

From: Melissa
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Yahoo password

I know the one letter navigation keys, but I didn't think to put those
in the list of what I did to change my password. I don't fully trust
sites I'm not all that aquainted with so when I'm investigating I
first go down line by line with the arrow keys. Yes, that is
time-consuming, but I feel comfortable doing things that way until I
learn the site better.
Plus, there are a lot of "clickable" tags so I felt it safer to just
arrow down incase I missed something. I found what I needed right away
so I admit to not looking around and experimenting more. I also don't
know this person very well so I don't know their level of
understanding for commands and thought just a straight listing of what
I did, minus keystrokes, was okay.
I thought it was helping and I wasn't expecting a lecture about my
methods to quickly get something done on a website I'm not familiar
with and just stating exactly what I did. If you don't know what to
search for, some sites use login, sign in, log off or sign out, and
the time  spent typing in possibilities to search for arrowing down
could've gotten to the same place. Normally login options for sites
are near the top so I didn't feel I needed to try and skip around with
one letter navigation.
Sorry if I sound defensive about this. I normally use many of the
keystrokes for one letter navigation in webpages and just on my
computer itself and your response just rubbed me the wrong way.