Re: What Is The Proper Way To Display Icons On the System Tray In Windows 11 As Concerns NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Thanks to all who gave information about the icons on the system tray. The Molsem advice works--but is a bit clumsy. I do in fact even see the volume icon but I must go all the way one direction (left arrow) and follow by all the way (right arrow) to get it to display.  Once it shows, I can use the context key to access the various functions.

The volume icon and a few others do not show up when using the NVDA add on (NVDA key + F11) keystroke.

On 11/14/2021 10:00 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Shortly after I upgraded to Windows 11, I have had an issue when trying to review items on the system tray.  I don't see all of them that should appear. somehow (and I don't think it was immediately after installation of Windows 11--but maybe a day or so later) all I see if 5 icons and when I get to the network icon, what seems to be happening is that for some reason I lose focus on the system tray and wind up on the taskbar.

I must have accidentally changed something in some manner to hide/conceal icons on the taskbar. So what are the proper settings that will display all the icons I want to see on the system tray? In particular, I cannot access the volume icon on  the system tray.   This issue occurs both with the Windows command Windows key + B and with the add on for NVDA which uses the JAWS similar keystroke NVDA + F11.
--
Signature: