Re: What Is The Proper Way To Display Icons On the System Tray In Windows 11 As Concerns NVDA

Gene

If you can’t get to the system tray icon in a convenient way, you may be able to get to the volume control by typing sndvol in the start menu search.

Also, you can make a short cut to the volume control on the desktop and assign a shortcut key.

Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 12:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] What Is The Proper Way To Display Icons On the System Tray In Windows 11 As Concerns NVDA

Hi Group,

Thanks to all who gave information about the icons on the system tray.
The Molsem advice works--but is a bit clumsy. I do in fact even see the
volume icon but I must go all the way one direction (left arrow) and
follow by all the way (right arrow) to get it to display.  Once it
shows, I can use the context key to access the various functions.

The volume icon and a few others do not show up when using the NVDA add
on (NVDA key + F11) keystroke.

--
Signature:
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!