Re: Improvements to the caps lock key and the NVDA key

Sarah k Alawami

I actually have been bothered, but I figured this was the default of every screen reader, until I started using differen oss. It’s not really a big deal to me, nice to have but not necessary.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 8:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Improvements to the caps lock key and the NVDA key

There are objective facts and opinions.  You are stating a fact.  You do this.  You have presented no evidence to support a generalization that a lot of people do what you do nor that they find pressing caps lock twice to be something they consider a problem or an inconvenience worth asking to be changed.  Nor have you presented arguments why these things might be the case.

I have no evidence either, in terms of that I haven’t taken a survey of a representative sample of NVDA members.  But it is just common sense, considering the purpose of the caps lock key that most people don’t use it much.

Also, in all the years I’ve been on this list, I have never heard this complained of before.  Therefore, it is a good inductive conclusion that few people are bothered by the current way this is set up.

Gene